SVARFORUM.cz - forum o svářečkách a svařování

Chcete-li přispívat do fóra, musíte se zaregistrovat !

Navštivte také:      SVAR INFO
Reklama na SVARFORUM

Nejste přihlášen(a)

SVARINFO - magazín o praktickém svařování

#1 14-05-2020 12:12:56

expat
Člen

Expat in Prague, looking for basic (TIG) course ? :o

Hello, Dobry Den,

I'm truly sorry, I don't speak the language well sad. I can order a few beers, but that's about it. But I guess the language will be even harder to learn, then basic welding :-)

For some time I'm looking for a english basic course to get me started with TIG welding. I have Zero experience, and what I found on courses are in CZ.

Maybe there is someone here on the forum that speaks English and is willing to to teach me the basics, or someone know of a school/course which will have basis courses in?

Preferable Prague area, or west of Prague (Kladno, Rakovnik, etc).

Maybe there are more expats that would like to learn and we could join-up?

Diky moc!

#2 14-05-2020 15:09:07

ihlan
Člen
Místo: Obec Ihĺany
Web

Re: Expat in Prague, looking for basic (TIG) course ? :o

This one is offering welding course also in english language https://www.zvustrojirny.cz/cz/o-skole
Use the G-translate for czech version of webpages - Their English version of webpages are not working for me.

Or you may ask here http://www.bombardier.trudo.cz/en/svare … apiste.php
if is trainning course only for internal stuff or you may pass the course also.

Editoval ihlan (14-05-2020 16:00:26)

Link : Stavba kompresora www.bit.ly/2fywe1u  Lacne hobby CO2 zvaracky www.bit.ly/2EO3SQk Kukly www.bit.ly/2eSAlrB
Hladam zvaracku do XXX http://bit.ly/2wDObaP Pasove Pily www.bit.ly/2iOcpXj TIG www.bit.ly/2KdU02O
som pichlavy od narodenia a co je horsie picham z kazdej strany rovnako wink

#3 14-05-2020 15:14:49

expat
Člen

ihlan napsal(a):

This one is offering welding course also in english languague https://www.zvustrojirny.cz/cz/o-skole
Use the G-translate for czech version of webpages - Their English version of webpages are not working for me.

Super, diky moc! I'll check it out.

#4 14-05-2020 16:13:55

ihlan
Člen
Web

You should share some information about self.
What are you planning to do,
What kind of welding machine you want to use.
What are you doing here - bussiness department is enought.

Many people are not responding on foreign users here if they don't know nothing about you.
Older welders are not speaking english (except Frank), but younger welders had english lessons at school.

Editoval ihlan (14-05-2020 16:14:58)

Link : Stavba kompresora www.bit.ly/2fywe1u  Lacne hobby CO2 zvaracky www.bit.ly/2EO3SQk Kukly www.bit.ly/2eSAlrB
Hladam zvaracku do XXX http://bit.ly/2wDObaP Pasove Pily www.bit.ly/2iOcpXj TIG www.bit.ly/2KdU02O

#5 14-05-2020 16:17:46

expat
Člen

ihlan napsal(a):

You should share some information about self.
What are you planning to do,
What kind of welding machine you want to use.
What are you doing here - bussiness department is enought.

Many people are not responding on foreign users here if they don't know nothing about you.
Older welders are not speaking english (except Frank), but younger welders had english lessons at school.

Little introduction about "me".

I (male) live in Prague (> 5 years) and love it here. I work in IT (software), but only for international customers. Therefor little use of the Czech Language yikes

Arrived in my late 40's. Love Woodworking, Electronics (and of-course IT).

For long time I wanted to do something with welding, but never had the space to do so. Bought a house 2 years ago and I have some space to get started ! smile  After watching many videos and reading a lot about the different methods (MIG/TIG/MMA), I have set my aim set to TIG and do realize that that's a big step. I do believe the journey is as important as the goal. Welding (as woodworking) I  like because, sitting behind a computer whole day starts to suck. Making something yourself can be very (frustrating) but also very rewarding. I try to focus on the later.

Equipment wise I try to follow the "buy once, cry once..." motto.  Any recommendations for a TIG welder are welcome... :-)

That's about it for now ;-)

Editoval expat (14-05-2020 16:59:58)

#6 14-05-2020 19:13:21

jirkati
Místo: Liberec

I think it will be easier to contact a welder who welds using the TIG method. There are a lot of welders from Prague, maybe someone will contact you with an offer of cooperation.

#7 15-05-2020 09:30:05

expat
Člen

jirkati napsal(a):

I think it will be easier to contact a welder who welds using the TIG method. There are a lot of welders from Prague, maybe someone will contact you with an offer of cooperation.

I hope so!  I did wrote the schools mentioned by ihlan,  I hope they will get back to me.

So please a note to welders from around Prague :-)

If you speak a little bit of English, please send me a PM (private message) and we can work something out.  My main concern is safety. So a someone that can show the basics, how to setup & operate a TIG welder in a safe way would be super.

Diky moc!

#8 15-05-2020 11:16:46

ihlan
Člen
Web

For private lessons have to met three conditions
skilled welder
person who is speaking with technical english (little english engrish yes/no hello is not enought)...
and the most important condition person who can share and is capable to explain his knowledge for student.
Theese 3 key points are verry rare met in the single person tongue (the last one is very rare ...)

btw: What is your mother tongue? Except computer science languages(XLST/expat/xpath) big_smile
This is usefull for searching studing material for you. Youtube is generaly not good starting point but
sometimes is not ohter option.

Editoval ihlan (15-05-2020 11:28:06)

#9 15-05-2020 11:54:56

expat
Člen

ihlan napsal(a):

For private lessons have to met three conditions
btw: What is your mother tongue? Except computer science languages(XLST/expat/xpath) big_smile
This is usefull for searching studing material for you. Youtube is generaly not good starting point but
sometimes is not ohter option.

I'm from Holland, so that would be Dutch 😀 And xpath, woooow, didn't use that for some time 😀 Now-a-days: Python, Ruby and Swift 😜

I totally agree with your. I need to roll the dice on this one. Just give it a try. In general I have very good experience with forums and people. In (in other fields), even professional teachers now-and-then) tend to disagree. I'm not after a professional career as a welder. Just be able to make some TIG welds, that a "pro" welder would not starts to laugh (or cry ) would be my goal 😉  And not burning down the house would be a great plus! big_smile

#10 15-05-2020 12:09:12

ihlan
Člen
Web

Don't use always  "citace"/quoting in right down corner as the answer
Instead of it  use little lower  "quick post field" (white text field)

its before page footer... its good rule not QUOTing last post.

yep many IT people are relaxing with manual work (woodworking or metalworking) like Relik(web dev) or Klimbik(Java dev) tongue
both are from ostrava but Rellik gave a lesson to somebody last month but its far from Praha/Prague.
In current situation is noone open invite other person at home.

Editoval ihlan (15-05-2020 14:20:28)

Zápatí

O SvarFóru + Pravidla